Supply Chain Manager – Eaton Electric (Africa Region)
Location: Wadeville, Johannesburg
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As Supply Chain Manager you will join our Supply Chain team reporting to the Operations Leader.
This role comprises of 5 different elements: Distribution Operations, Strategic Procurement, Materials Planning, Manufacturing Support and Leadership responsibilities in Africa.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensures that all Distribution Centres in Africa maintain a best practice process concerning inbound and outbound logistics, picking and packing, value added services, Transportation/Freight Management and Order management
- Cost control, ensuring market driven expenditure for the above processes
- Strategic procurement that supports the development of category procurement
- Coordinates the materials management and local Operations Procurement of finished goods in Wadeville, other distribution centres and local warehouses in the EMEA Region
- Responsible for raw and semi-finished goods in the plant including Product Data Master
- Plans demand and quantity of components, defines stock assortments of finished goods (including development and implementation of stock policies, phase-in/phase-out management and sell-off management, setting and controlling of inventory targets for Electrical sector in Africa
- Supports Sales & Product Management through Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP), maintains key KPi’s like DOH and OTP / OTR
- Maintains good relations and open communication with manufacturing & engineering teams to ensure projects are completed on time
- Implements Lean processes in distribution centers and production logistics.
- Ensures high-quality distribution and customer focus
- Ensures there is an efficient process to cope with emergency situations during the ordering process
- Support localization processes (E2E) which is a key strategic development stream for the local organization
Your essential skills we are looking for:
- Undergraduate Supply Chain degree required
- MBA or Masters degree in Engineering / science added advantage
- 7+ years experience in leading supply chain management function
- SAP and Change Management knowledge and experience
- Expertise with integrated logistics network design
- Regional Africa business experience highly desirable
- Experience in lean process engineering and process modeling, specifically in supporting manufacturing with material flow through the factories.
- Strong negotiation and good interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking, Good planning and organizing skills
- Team management and leadership attitude
- English language mandatory, French language an added advantage
What we offer to you:
- Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
- We make ethics and culture matter – You will enjoy working in supportive and collaborative workplace where ethics and safety are in our DNA
- We make your contributions matter – reliability, safety, efficiency, and sustainability are at the core of our dedication to improving people’s lives and the environment through power management technologies.
Candidate selected for the vacancy will be subject of a background screening)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time