Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi Information Technology (GIS) Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Information Technology Manager, and will be given the opportunity to grow and acquire key skills, experience, and competencies relevant to their field. The IT Intern will be providing support to the business through various tasks and responsibilities which include, but not limited to:
- Provide assistance with data maintenance
- Resolve data maintenance backlogs and develop datasets derived from Foresters and Planners
- Address ad hoc requests from the GIS department
- Confirm Cadastral info and request data utilizing Windeed and external service providers
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum requirements to apply:
- Completed matric or Grade 12
- Holds a degree in Environmental Sciences or Geoinformatics with GIS as a major subject
- Work experience is not necessary
- Solid background in MS Office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Solid ICT background
- Good problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Agile learner and capable of adapting to continuous change
- Great attention to detail
- Able to produce results even under pressure
- Familiar with GIS development and applications
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to apply may do so by registering an account on Sappi SA’s recruitment platform. Click on the link below to get started:
Any other questions may be directed to:
Phone: 27 (0)33 347 6600
Email: [email protected]